On July 17, 1995 the Blessed Mother requested a team of people to dedicate themselves regularly to prayerful intercession for all those returning to the Sacraments after long absences and for the conversion of sinners. Known as “Angels of Intercession”, Prayer Ministers and Home Intercessor are Servants who commit themselves to live a prayerful life adopting daily spiritual practices. Through focus and intense prayer, they lift up the intentions of the Ministry and of those who have ask for our prayers.
The purpose of the Prayer Ministers is to be the heart and hands of Jesus to each person encounter, as an instrument of healing. After completing a formation, Prayer Ministers lead the various devotions of the Ministry and pray with people using a specific, simple but powerful prayer for healing from the Diary of St. Faustina. Like St. Faustina, Prayer Ministers are the “door keepers”, of the ministry, always welcoming others with open hearts and “holy hospitality,” no matter what walk of life they come from. They also serve the community by visiting the sick and dying, ministering to the homebound and providing comfort to those in need.
Prayer Ministers are required to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Be an active member/volunteer of Servants of Jesus of the Divine Mercy.
- Have a servant’s heart for prayer and Holy Hospitality. Prayer Minister make sure everyone feels welcomed, loved, forgiven and encouraged to live the good life of the Gospel.
- Attend the Prayer Ministry Discernment and Formation Classes.
- Attend Protecting God’s Children class (this is an AOD requirement).
- Commit to live a prayerful life according to the Prayer Ministry guidelines.
- Attend Holy Mass regularly.
- Commit to serve as a Prayer Minister at The Divine Mercy Center for a number of hours per year.
- Obedience to the regulations instituted by the Spiritual Moderator for praying with people.
Home Intercessor dedicate themselves to The Servants of Jesus of The Divine Mercy by praying from home for the intentions of the Divine Mercy Center and its ministries, all priest, and for special intentions.
Home Intercessor are required to fulfill the following requirements:
- Live a prayerful life
- Attend Holy Mass regularly
- Avail yourself of the Sacrament of Reconciliation on a monthly basis, as you are able.
- Attend formation classes suggested by Catherine M. Lanni, Spiritual Moderator of The Servants of Jesus of The Divine Mercy, as you are able.
- Pray the Holy Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy daily.
- Pray the Our Lady of Sorrows Rosary Concluding prayer.
- Prayerfully fast when possible or once weekly.
If you feel the call to pray for aching mankind and are interested in becoming a Prayer Minister or Home Intercessor, please contact the Divine Mercy Center by phone at (586) 777-8591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org