A PRAYER MINISTER!
Known as “Angels of Intercession,” Prayer Ministers are Servants who complete Prayer Ministry Formation and are invited to either pray with people (using a specific, simple prayer for healing from the Diary of St. Faustina) or serve as a Home Intercessor. Each day at the Divine Mercy Center, a Prayer Minister leads various prayers of the Ministry. They also serve the community by visiting the sick and dying, ministering to the homebound and providing comfort to those in need.
PRAYER MINISTERS ARE ASKED TO FULFILL THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW:
• A Catholic in good standing with the Church
• Complete the Introduction to Divine Mercy class and Prayer Ministry Formation class
• Be a member of The Servants of Jesus of The Divine Mercy
• Obedient to the regulations instituted by the Spiritual Moderator for praying with people
• Commitment to live a prayerful life according to the guidelines listed in the Prayer Ministry Handbook
• Commitment to serve as a Prayer Minister at the Divine Mercy Center in Clinton Township for a number of hours per year, as specified in the Prayer Ministry Handbook
• Discernment period as specified in the Prayer Ministry Handbook